Self care is literally as important as paying your taxes people. So important that we believe there should be a national holiday for it - that's just how important we believe it to be.
Life is nothing short of hectic. With work, relationships, children and a pandemic in full swing, prioritising winding down should be numero uno on our to-do list.
We've drafted 30 quick and easy techniques that you can do with very little time - even with the kids around.
1. Start a compliments file. Document the great things people say about you or your business in a journal and read later.
2. Make a 'to don't' list. List all the things you must refrain from doing to become a better you.
3. Scratch off something that's been lingering on your to-do list - a task that hasn't been seen to.
4. Take a digital detox. Switch everything to airplane mode and free yourself from the constant stream of social media and emails.
5. Switch off from negativity. Whether it be the news, people or thoughts, shut it down.
6. Stock up on speciality teas, like Matcha or Yerba - and drink away.
7. Listen to your favourite music artist and simply dance.
8. Take another route to work. Mixing up your routine in small ways creates new neural pathways in the brain to keep it healthy.
9. Learn a new skill.
10. Learn to chill. Spend quality time with your minis watching a movie, painting or just talking.
11. Practice meditation. Take 20 minutes out from your day to focus on your mind and breathing.
12. Do a mini-declutter. Recycle three things from your wardrobe that you don’t love, don't fit or don't wear regularly.
13. Do something you would never do. Talk to a stranger or to that good looking guy that you see every morning on the train.
14. Edit your social media feeds, and take out any negative people. You can just 'mute' them; you don’t have to delete them.
15. Be around creative people.
16. Take risks and break the rules.
17. Practice gratitude.
18. Read an educational book that focuses on self care practices.
19. Let it go. Forgive someone who you are unhappy with.
20. Listen to positive podcasts or videos.
21. Help someone and don’t expect anything in return.
22. Start getting better sleep.
23. Clean your workspace.
24. Treat yourself to a new dress or hair do.
25. Start loving and embracing every part of your body, even the areas you see as flaws.
26. Start focusing on life's positives and all the amazing things that you should be thankful for.
27. Discover your talents and passions and work on them daily.
28. Begin a journey of self discovery.
29. Cut off from all toxic people.
30. Write a letter to yourself reminding you of just how amazing you truly are.