10 QUESTIONS WITH...
13th April 2018
Suzy Ashworth is a mindset and business mentor, a Hay House Author, TEDx speaker and mother of 3. Suzy helps female entrepreneurs to work with more intention, to create more income and impact in the world.
1. How did you get started in your field?
After my second home hypnobirth, my husband looked at me and said there’s something in this. I said do you think? A month later, I was on my way to my first hypnotherapy and psychotherapy diploma lesson and had signed up to get my instructor certification for hypnobirthing. I had no idea how things would unfold.
2. What are your top 3 tips for balancing work life and motherhood?
Ask for help. I became a better mother after I stopped trying to do everything, and asked for support from my husband a lot more. I create time for me, so when I am with the kids, I’m not also trying to do worky stuff, I get up early so I have time for me outside of work and the kids.
3. How do you get motivated?
I think about the impact showing up has on the women that I want to work with and without sounding too up my own anus, I think about the legacy I want to leave after I’ve gone. I want to feel as though I did a great job.
Before you open your eyes, set your intention for how you want to feel for the rest of the day, and then if you have time, journal and meditate.
4. How do you define success?
True success for me is feeling a sense of peace, knowing it’s all going to be okay even when chaos is all around.
5. What's your favourite fashion staple?
My over the knee boots. They make me feel hella sexy.
6. What is your favourite mantra?
Faith + Action = Miracles
7. What food have you never eaten and would love to try?
8. Do you have any tips to kickstart a positive morning?
Before you even open your eyes, set your intention for how you want to feel for the rest of the day, and then if you have time, journal and meditate.
9. If you didn't work in your field, where would you be now?
I’d be working in media, some kind of sales role, wondering if I should really have been a show-girl.
10. Who has been your biggest supporter?